Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson {Review}


Simply Irresistible
{ Chinooks Hockey Team #1}
by 

Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published January 1st 1998 by Avon

Georgeanne Howard, charm school graduate and Southern bell extraordinaire, leaves her fiance at the altar when she realizes she just can't marry a man old enough to be her grandfather, no matter how rich he is. John Kowalsky unknowingly helps her escape, and only when it's too late does he realize that he's absconded with his boss's bride. At the height of his hockey career, this bad boy isn't looking to be anyone's savior but his own, no matter how beautiful this angel may be. But a long night stretches ahead of them--a night too sultry to resist temptation.

First Line(s): The night before Virgil Duffy's wedding, a summer storm pounded the Puget Sound.

Favorite Line(s): " You're like the best present I've ever had, like every Christmas all wrapped up in one amazing package."

My Review:I really enjoyed this book but the mis-spellings in it were killing me!
For example: 
" I know this whole dung sounds impetuous, but I really do love Huge,"

DUNG!! As in animals poo... manure!
How romantic!

Once I allowed myself to stop seeing ( or maybe caring) about all the mis-spelled words I was able to enjoy the sweet story of  Georgeanne and John. What a nice treat it was to see their relationships in all the different stages and it being raw throughout the story. You felt what they felt.

I'm mad at myself that this story has been waiting on my TBR pile for so long. I look forward to reading the rest of this series in 2013.

My Rating: Photobucket

I'm giving Simply Irresistible a 4 based on story and not mis-spellings. As a book blogger that is what is most important to me... were you able to get me to fall in love with the story line and Rachel did.

You can find Rachel Gibson here...

Rachel Gibson website
Facebook
Goodreads

Until next time... Happy Reading!

No comments: