Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty { Review}

Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty


The Hell's Eight is the only family he's ever needed, until he meets the only woman he's ever wanted...


Caine Allen is a hardened Texas Ranger, definitely not the marrying kind. But when he rescues a kidnapped woman and returns her to town, the preacher calls in a favor. One Caine's honor won't let him refuse.

From the moment he beds Desi, Caine knows turmoil will follow. Desi might have the face of a temptress, but she also has a will of iron and while she needs his protection, she's determined that no man will control her again. They establish an uneasy bond, but it isn't enough for Caine. He wants all Desi has to offer. He wants her screams, her moans, her demands...everything. Yet there's still a bounty on Desi's head, and keeping her sexually satisfied is proving easier than keeping her alive.


First Line(s): He hated the sound of a woman's scream.

Favorite Quote(s): "Any man worth his salt does not abandon his wife."

My Review: I've been sitting on the first two books of this series for a long time and just now decided to start it when the newest book in the series was offered to me for a review. No time like now to finally start it. I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this before but one of my favorite things about reading/reviewing/blogging is finding a new series to sink into. Finding a new series ( especially one that already has so many books in it already) means I will have many books to read in the future ( not that I am ever lacking in this department). Finding a new series I love is like finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

With that said I liked Caine's Reckoning. I don't love it but I liked it enough that I can't wait to finish this review so I can crack open the next installment. 

Going into this book I had read other's thoughts on it and they fell both ways. Some raved about it giving it a solid 5 stars, other's couldn't get past some of the terms used in the book. I went in open minded knowing that it took place in a whole different wold ( 1858). Of course men talked to women differently back then, so I was able to take it with a grain of salt.

Sarah McCarty did a good job telling Caine and Desi's story while still giving enough depth to her future characters. 

I think the Hell's Eight series has a solid foundation needed to make it a wonderful series..... the next book will be more telling for me.
 Please stay tuned!

My Rating:Photobucket

You can find Sarah McCarty here...
Website

Until next time... Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about this series for sometime now. Can't wait to see what you think about the next book in the series.