Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ascension:Review

(Water Trilogy, Book 1)
by Kara Dalkey


Nia, a young mermyd of the Blufin clan, has had one wish all her life- to be an Avatar in her beloved home of Atlantis. The ten Avatars rule the beautiful and peaceful undersea city alongside the ancient Farworlders, whose magic keeps thier world alive. To be an Avatar is an honor and a great responsibility, and Nia dreams of taking her place among the noble ten.

Now, at sixteen, Nia has a chance to see her dream come true. Atlantis is choosing it's next Avatar, and Nia knows she is supremely qualified. But there is something Nia doesn't know- if she gets her heart's desire, it could mean the end of her treasured world of Atlantis forever.


An easy read! This book is geared to a much younger crowd but I picked it up because I was in need of mermaid books for one of my challenges that I am trying to complete. I am glad I picked it up, and as long as I reminded myself from time to time that it was not geared to my age brackett I was able to enjoy it. The characters are great and the detail shared to describe them is amazing, I had a blast picturing them in my mind. A very easy and fun book to get lost in.


I am giving this book...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
and it falls into these reading challenges
** I have received nothing for posting this review, this book was picked up from my local library on my own free will! **

Have you seen this post?

Until next time...
Happy Reading!


No comments: