Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Haunted Queen Mary: Review



By Robert James Wlodarski
and
Anne Powell Wlodarski

" Welcome aboard the world's most haunted ship, the Queen mary, where you can step into the past, and easily imagine what it must have been like to sail aboard this luxurious ocean liner. Memories abount throughout the ship, and so do GHOSTS!

The Queen mary seems to be a gateway or door to another world where unexplainable things continue to happen with regularity. Whoever, or whatever lurks in the shadows, can be seen, heard, smelled and felt. For those who have witnessed the events, it is all too real. The ship represents a kind of "dead zone" that sends a shiver up people's spines, makes their hair stand on end, or causes themt o seek the safety of a well-lit room, and find comfort in other humans. These events continue to occur with regularity to people of all walks of life- skeptics and believers alike. As parapsychologists suggest, when there are so many memories and emotions, there is bound to be residual energy and a potential for hauntings".

Since I was born and raised, and continue to live here in Long Beach where the Queen Mary is docked, I have never known a time when I did not know about the ship and the stories that come along with it.

I remember once my mom took me, my brother and my Nena to the Queen Mary and we went on the haunted tour! No shame in my game, I cried, and my Nena laughed.

To this day I am not sure if I cried because I believed the stories or all the hype that was put into the stories. Would love to go back as an adult, of course the Punky Monkey's will be staying back.

A lot of the stories told in this book were ones I have heard before, but there was some new ones in it as well. I am still the most crept out when they talk about the nursery that was on the ship.
This book was a tad repetitive, but the pictures that they included in this book were amazing and eerie at the same time.

I am giving this book 4 stars. It is always fun to read up on the town you have been apart of your entire life.

The Haunted Queen Mary falls into these challenges....

Tell me about your hometown, or the town you live in now, anything believed to be haunted?
Until next time...
Happy Reading!



No comments: