Sunday, December 14, 2008

From Dead to Worse: Review

Hot dog, I read this book fast. I finished it in a little under 2 days, and it is 359 pages long. Not bad when you think I am the mommy of 3 small boys ( A.K.A. Punky Monkey's).

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris is the 8th book in the series on Sookie Stackhouse.

" The supernatural community in Bon Temps, Louisiana, is reeling from two hard blows - the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the man-made horror of the explosion at the vampire summit the month before in the up-north city of Rhodes. Sookie Stackhouse is safe but dazed, yearning for things to get back to normal. But that's just not happening. Too many vampires- some friends, some not- were killed or injured, and her weretiger boyfriend, Quinn, is among the missing.

" It's clear that things are changing, whether the Weres and vamps corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie - friend of the pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, the leader of the local vampire community- is caught up in the changes.

" In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death... and, once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood flowing, her world will be forever altered....."

Now that I am done reading this series until the next book comes out in May, I will admit to feeling lost. I have read these books ( all 8 ) of them for the past month and some change. I am having a hard time letting the characters go, they keep running around in my brain, and let me tell you it is making it hard to get into my next book. Of course that has nothing to do with said book, and everything to do with this series!

It is rare to find a series of books that you become hooked on and that stay with you long after the books are done, but this is just the case for me when this series! If you are into books that have you think a little ( or a lot) outside your box, pick them up.

The hit show on HBO; True Blood is loosely based off this series, and of course this show is now off till Summer, what is a girl to do?!?!?

I close with this statement... I AM WEAK!! Wanna know why I am weak? I said I was not going to join in on anymore challenges, but guess what??? I am... stay tuned.
Figure why not, going to be reading anyways.
Until next time....
Happy Reading!
Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You know, I love paranormal books but haven't found a lot that I really love... I haven't tried these yet, I really need to! :-)

Sounds like you REALLY like them!