Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Fireman Who Loved Me by Jennifer Bernard {Review}


The Fireman Who Loved Me
{The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel #1}
by Jennifer Bernard

Kindle Edition384 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers


Fearless, smoking hot, and single: meet the Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel. These firemen might be heroes, but it's their bad luck in love that makes them legendary.

News producer Melissa McGuire and Fire Captain Harry Brody couldn't be more different, though they do have one thing in common: they're both convinced they're perfectly wrong for each other. But when Melissa's matchmaking grandmother wins her a date with Brody at a Bachelor auction . . .

Sparks fly. Passion flares. Heat rises. (You get the picture.)

Add a curse, a conniving nightly news anchor, a stunningly handsome daredevil fireman, a brave little boy, a couple of exes, and one giant fire to the mix, and Melissa and Brody's love may not be the only thing that burns.
First Line(s): Hot Men for a Great Cause


Favorite Line(s): "Be happy in the here and now, because the past is gone. and the future may never arrive. Suffering is the greatest of all teachers. From suffering comes compassion. The night is darkest just before the dawn."



My Review: Did you read my favorite line? Who says romance novels are shallow... that is some deep you know what! Wow!

Jennifer Bernard is a new author to me and I came across this series one afternoon when I was playing around on Amazon. Cover was great and the last Firefighter series I read had me hooked ( Firemen of Station Five). So I was looking to get hooked again.

The Fireman Who Loved Me was witty, romantic and an extremely easy and fast read. Melissa and Brody played well together, there was a give and take to their relationship that seemed "real". I think my favorite character of this story was Melissa's Grams, Nelly... oh boy did she have some fire in her. She was fiesty, loved!

Jennifer Bernard's The Fireman Who Loved Me is a solid start to what I hope will be a fun series. Already have the next book waiting for me on my kindle to read... stay tuned!




My Rating:  photo 4rating-1.png



You can find Jennifer Bernard here....



Until next time... Happy Reading!

No comments: