Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sam's Creed by Sarah McCarty {Review}

{ Hells Eight #2}

Trade Paperback, 423 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by Spice (first published 2008)

Known for making up his own rules of right and wrong, Texas Ranger Sam "Wildcard" MacGregor takes what he wants when he wants it, especially when it comes to women. But seduction is the last thing on his mind the moment he stumbles across an Hispanic beauty crouching in fear beside a burned-out wagon. And it doesn't take long before he realizes the woman the townsfolk call "cursed" is hiding secrets too dangerous to face alone.Isabella may look feminine and unassuming, but she's hell in a bodice with gunslinging skills to match any man's. But though she knows not to give Sam her heart as readily as she offers him her lush body, Isabella is certain she sees in Sam what he can barely glimpse in himself--a virtuous man dropped deep into a hard country bent on breaking him. A man who, under it all, craves a passionate woman willing to risk everything...
First Line(s): Sam was getting tired of death.

Favorite quote(s): He smiled the softest smile she'd ever seen on his face and traced her mouth with his thumb. " Your breasts aren't too big, your spirit isn't too wild, your sense of humor isn't inappropriate. Your perfect, Bella. You're sweet, giving and courageous, and any man lucky enough to be center of your attention should drop to his knees and thank his lucky stars."

"Edmund Burke once said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

My Review: I haven't read a book this long in awhile, lately the books I have read have been 300 pages ( give or take). There is a feeling I get when I hold a book that is over 400 pages.. it makes me content and happy to dive into the depths of the story.

Sam is a moody and dark man, but it worked for him and Bella had the sass to call him on it time and time again. When these two went back in forth with each other, it made me grin and was my favorite times in the book. Other than there back and forth quirks this book just stayed in neutral for me. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the book, it just means I didn't love it.

I will tell you this, Sarah McCarty has me intrigued by the rough and mysterious men of Hell's Eight. You just don't find men made that way anymore and if you do they think to highly of themselves, ha!

Sam's Creed made me what to continue on in the Hell's Eight series. Maybe Tucker's story will get me to give it a 4 star ( or 5, seems it has been awhile since I gave a 5).


My Rating: Photobucket

Find Sarah McCarty here:
Website
Goodreads

Stay tuned for the next installment in the series.... Tucker's Claim

Until next time... Happy Reading!

No comments: