Thursday, February 18, 2010

Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave
(Night Huntress Series #1)
by Jeaniene Frost

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Favorite Line(s): n/a

First Line: I stiffened at the red and blue lights flashing behind me, because there was no way I could explain what was in the back of my truck.

My Review: A must read for anyone! I know a lot of my fellow book bloggers have already read this series and I am ashamed it as taken me so long to read this book. I'm not worthy! I think the idea that Cat is half human and half vampire makes for a great story line and I can't wait to see what happens next for her. I also can see why so many of my fellow book bloggers has a thing for Bones... hott! This book is a fast read, but it is more than that... it has strong characters that have plenty of room for growth. This should be a fun adventure, going to start the second book this afternoon.

My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

384pp

I received nothing for this review.

Until next time...
Happy Reading!




2 comments:

Wings said...

glad you liked it!!!

i love this book so much!!!

my fave so far is the third one at graves end...

but the next one is excellent as well

Sharon said...

Sounds great! I haven't read it and I like urban fantasy. thanks for the review!