Monday, January 11, 2010

The Dark Highlander

Dark Highlander
(Highlander Series #5)
by Karen Marie Moning

I am Dageus MacKeltar, a man with one good conscience and thirteen bad ones, driven to sate my darkest desires.... From his penthouse lair high above Manhattan, Dageus looks over a glittering city that calls to the darkness within him. A sixteenth century Scot trapped between worlds, he is fighting a losing battle with the thirteen century Druids who possess his soul, dooming him to an eternity of sexual pursuit. When Chloe Zanders, student of antiquities, is drawn into his world, she finds the insatiable alpha male and irresistible lure. Before long, she is caught up in an ancient prophecy that will sweep her back into time to medieval Scotland. Plunged into a world of timeless magic and dark seduction, she will soon face the challenge of a lifetime; fighting thirteen: evil spirits for the hear of one irresistible man....


Favorite Line(s): " If aught must be lost, 'twill be my honor for yours. If one must be forsaken, 'twill be my soul for yours. Should death come anon, 'twill be my life for yours. I am Given".


My Review: Man, where do I sign up to get myself a 16th century Highlander. Grr baby grr! This series in general is steamy hott, but The Dark Highlander takes the cake. The added darkness that Dageus faces daily just brings a whole new level to this series. In fact I think Dageus is my new boyfriend. He goes to great lengths to protect those he loves, what could be more important than that? Add in the fact that Karen Marie Moning spared know details describing his looks and well... I am now blind to any other fictional male character. Ha Ha Ha!


My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Congratulations Karen Marie Moning! The Dark Highlander got the first 5 star rating of 2010 here at Crazy Book Slut!!

384 pages


I received nothing for this review. I picked this book up on my own free will at the local library.
Until next time...
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Zach said...

If I needed a new literary hunk in my life... I would have just found him. ;) Thanks for the review!

And also, having just stumbled upon your blog (thanks to MotherReader's comment challenge), I must say... LOVE your blog title!

Alyce said...

This sounds like a very entertaining series! :)