Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dear Readers: Blog Pet Peeves

Dear Readers,
Today I would like to ask what are your pet peeves when it comes to book blogging and or bloggers? You can rant until you are content or just share a bit of a pet peeve. Dying to know if we have the same pet peeves.

So what are my pet peeves you ask? Contests that have ended and weeks later there is still not a winner announced. I know that sounds mean of me and trust me I know full well about the real world getting in the way of blogging, but if you said you would host a challenge than it is really important to try your best and follow the rules you made, right?

When I have a contest on either of my blogs, I write the winning announcement at the same time, so all I have to add is the winner, can't get much easier than that.

Okay, so there you have it, one of my pet peeves, please share yours!
Until next time...
Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Momma Chick said...

I don't have many JUST yet since I am a book blog newbie. I have found that a lot of the books being reviewed are all the same genre. Not sure if that is my pet peeve, but it can be frustrating when you are looking for something different to read.

Donna said...

I dislike when I see advise that says you have to post nearly everyday of the week on your blog or people will forget about your blog. And should even post when your on vacation. So I see a lot of filler posts based on this advise. I think you should only post when you having something to say. I think this is also the source of a lot of blogger burnouts.

Um, also what's the point of a vacation? Most of us aren't pro bloggers so I feel a lot folks get stressed out about have to entertain or post content all the time, when they shouldn't.

And I agree about your peeve on contests winning announcements. It's not fair to keep folks waiting to find out who won. I think the latest should be within a couple of days of ending. For myself, I try to announce the winner the same or next day of the contest closing.

Alexia561 said...

Looking forward to seeing what peeves are out there! Totally agree with you about the contest winners never being posted. Did no one win? Did they email the winner and figure that was it? Just tell us who won already! Grrrr!

Another pet peeve, which is sort of a hot topic with some bloggers, is the issue of music. I tend to not like it when music starts playing when I open a blog, as I open several blogs at once, so don't know where the music is coming from. And if they hide the player so I can't turn it off, forget it!

Whew! I feel better now. *L*

Great post!