Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crossed Wires: Review



Crossed Wires
by Rosy Thornton

"This is the story of Mina, a girl at a Sheffield call centre whose next customer in the queue is Peter, a Cambridge geography don who has crashed his car into a tree stump when swerving to avoid a cat.

Despite their obvious differences, they've got a lot in common -- both single, both parents, both looking for love.

Could it be that they've just found it?

Crossed Wires is an old-fashioned fairy tale. It is about the small joys and tribulations of parenthood; about one-ness and two-ness; about symmetry and coincidence; about the things that separate us and the things that bring us together.

Back in May I got an email from Rosy Thornton asking if I would review her book. Music to any book blogger's ears, right? Of course, I would love to review your book. Shame on me, I also said yes to many other books because I can't say no to books! This is me hanging my head in shame that it is now August and I am just now reviewing this book, Rosy if for some reason you are visiting my small blog please accept my apologizes!!!

Wow!! That pretty much sums this book up perfectly! Rosy was able to bring out the thoughts many people have in their every day life and tie it together into an endearing. moving and enjoyable story! Crossed Wires is the real deal, perfect package right down to it's adorable ( and not to mention PINK, love me some pink) cover.

I dare you not to relate to these characters in some way or another, that's right I dare you. Double dog dare you!

I am giving Crossed Wires a solid 4 stars!
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Headline Review (April 2, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 075534555X
ISBN-13: 978-0755345557

Until next time...
Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Luanne said...

I've got this one on my tbr pile and am looking forward to it!