Monday, May 11, 2009

Only Pleasure: review

Only Pleasure by Lora Leigh

Chase Falladay returns to initiate Kia Stanton into the Club, where ménage à trois is the rule, in Leigh's sensual newest book. When Kia's husband, Drew, and his friend attempt to rape her, Kia discovers that Drew is part of the secret swingers club whose members are many of Washington's elite. Chase persuades Kia to say publicly that the Club does not exist, in exchange for protecting her from Drew. Kia agrees to stay silent, but withdraws from her usual social life for two years until she meets Chase at a party and leaves with him and his third, Khalid, knowing she is agreeing to a club ritual: a steamy threesome. While the immediate goal is uninhibited pleasure, Chase and Kia find themselves falling in love. Unfortunately, there is a jealous psychopath determined to hurt Chase, and killing Kia seems the best way to do it. Kia is a superior heroine: strong, sexy and vulnerable. The stalker's identity comes as a surprise that will doubtless please long-term fans of the series. New readers will take a little while to understand the nuances of Club rules and may find the explicit kink a titillating surprise in a usually demure genre.

If you are are not comfortable with sexual context this book is NOT for you. Besides some over the top words, that even I don't use ( and that is saying a lot) I thought the book was good. HA HA HA! See even I have my breaking point, unless I have had a few too many drinks, than it is game on!

I am giving this book 4 out of 5 stars.

This book falls into these reading challenges, take a peak and see how I am coming along in them... I am like the little engine that could... I think I can, I think I can...Choo Choo!



Until next time...
Happy Reading!

1 comment:

The Bookworm said...

great review, I havent read Lora Leigh yet.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/