Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Undead and Unpopular: Review


" I tapped my pencil on the pad, trying to come up with a plan to tell my fiance, Eric Sinclair, that I had decided to completely give up the blood-drinking thing. I figured being the vampire queen had a few advantages- as it was, every vampire I'd ever known had to drink every day, even Eric. But I could go up to a week without so much as a drop of O-neg. So, in honor of my birthday, and being in this job for a year, I figured I'd give it up completely. I would be in a blood-free zone!"


" Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor already has plenty on her plate. For one thing, next week is her birthday- the big 3-1 in human years, and one in undead years. ( Yes, she bit the dust on her birthday last year). On top of that, she still has wedding plans to finalize- and it's not helping that the prospective groom is avoiding anything to do with it. And them there's her decision to stop drinking blood- something she has yet to share with Eric Sinclair, her fiance- who also happens to be the vampire king....
" So the last thing she wants to deal with is uninvited guests, even if they happen to be the powerful European vampires who have finally come to pay their respects the week before her birthday. Some of them don't want Betsy as their queen and will do anything to get rid of her. As if turning thirty last year ( not to mention dying) hadn't been traumatic enough. And trying to give up blood is making her really cranky... But who has time to sulk?"

Mary Janice Davidson is back in full swing in this book! I knew she could do it! This book was back to it's quicky self. Queen Betsy never has a good week, in fact with each passing week she has, she is certain it is the worst week of her undead life! I found myself feeling a lot of different emotions while reading this book, sad, amused and always entertained! I am giving this book 4 stars on my rating system, in case you haven't noticed, I don't give 5 stars very easily!

This book falls into these reading challenges:

Go check them out, see how my progress is on each challenge, and maybe sign up for yourself!

Until next time....
Happy Reading!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I haven't even started on the Paranormal 999 Challenge Book Challenge!