Monday, July 16, 2012

Colters' Lady by Maya Banks { Review}

{ Colters' Legacy #2}
by Maya Banks

ebook199 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Samhain (first published May 29th 2010)


Can their love give her the strength to overcome the tragedy in her past?


Colters' Legacy, Book 2


When police officer Seth Colter sees the delicate, shabbily dressed beauty in line at the soup kitchen where he's serving, he's gut shot over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him.


For Lily Weston, home is a secluded nook in a back alley until Seth offers her a place to stay. She's wary of his offer, but even one night out of the cold is too much temptation to resist.


Seth is convinced Lily is his. The problem is, when his brothers lay eyes on her, the same primitive instinct comes roaring to the surface. The Colters never imagined they'd follow the unconventional path of their fathers, but they can't ignore their mutual need to offer Lily their protection and their love. But before Lily and the brothers can forge a future together, they must heal the deep wounds of her past.


Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, multiple partners, menage a quatre, violence.

First Line(s): Seth Colter walked into the soup kitchen and was greeted by a chorus of hellos from several police officers from his precinct.


Favorite Quote: “I’m having my own set of what-the-hell-is-going-on thoughts,” he said honestly. “But I’m not going to fight it, whatever it is between us. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were going to be a part of me. A big part of me. I don’t understand it, but I’m not going to fight it. I don’t want to fight it.”

My Review: You have to go into Colters Lady ( any of the Colters' Legacy books really) open minded. This family is far from the norm and if you go in with anything but an open mind you will most likely have a hard time not only getting into the story line but liking it.


With that said I am extremely open in the books I read ( sometimes to a fault, we will discuss this at a later time), so I enjoyed reading Colters' Lady very much. I would think it is hard enough to write about a "normal" relationship let alone one that has 4 people involved in it, but I believe Maya Banks does it very well. It doesn't seem forced or awkward reading about how Lily and the Colter brothers met and how they fall for each other and try to make it work.


Maya Banks could have stopped there... a book about a girl who loves 3 brothers but she gives this book much more depth. So much that I found myself tearing up at certain parts. That takes true talent.... steamy sex scenes one moment and the next your strings to your heart are being pulled big time. Yet that is what Maya Banks gives us in Colters Lady.


What a great book!

My Rating: Photobucket 



Until next time... Happy Reading!

No comments: