Monday, July 16, 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (Review)


Bared to You

(A Crossfire Novel)

By Sylvia Day


Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness--beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart…


Review:  I went into this book thinking it was another Fifty Shades of Grey and in a way it very much parallels the book with very flawed and scarred characters drawn to each other like moths to light; but what I found as I read was this book was so much more.  About half way through I had altogether forgotten about that other book and was completely engrossed in Gideon’s and Eva’s lives.  As hurtful as they could be to each other I found myself pulling for them to make it work and was so very happy when it all came together and so sad when it fell apart which it does several times.

Gideon is the ultimate alpha male.  Always in control of others as well as himself..until he meets Eva.  Gideon is thrown by his intense feelings for Eva and is not sure how to handle the feelings until he is without her.  Then Gideon will do anything to have and keep Eva, even open himself up to her about his torturous past.

Eva is equally thrown by her feelings for Gideon.  She falls fast and hard and quickly realizes she can’t live without him despite her desperate need to run away when the going gets tough.  Despite her past, Eva is definitely in control of her future except where Gideon is concerned.

I couldn’t put this book down and was so caught up in their lives and the people around them who were as equally flawed as they were.  Ms. Day writes a beautiful story about love, acceptance of others and yourself and being able to allow yourself to be loved despite your past and perceived flaws.  The book draws you in quickly and leaves you wanting more of Gideon and Eva.  I can’t wait to continue to read about them in the upcoming sequel Deeper into You due out in October 2012. 


Until next time... Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Tena said...

great job Nicole!!!!!
Going to have to look into reading this book now!