Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wild Card by Lora Leigh

Wild Card
{ Elite Ops #1}
by Lora Leigh

Mass Market Paperback, 418 pages
Published August 26th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks


It was supposed to be simple. All Navy SEAL Nathan Malone had to do was rescue three young girls from a Colombia drug cartel, then allow himself to be captured just long enough to draw out a government spy. That was before his mission went disastrously wrong…and before his wife, Bella, was told that Nathan was never coming home.

Bella’s mourned her husband’s death for three long years. But she has no idea he’s still alive. Forced to assume a new identity, the man Nathan was is now dead. If he can get back to his wife, can he keep the secret of who he really is…even as desire threatens to consume them? And as danger threatens to tear Bella from Nathan’s arms once more?
First Line: Nathan sat beside his grandfather, Rory Malone, on the crude front porch of the shack he lived in.

Favorite Line(s): My heart beats for yours.
My soul lives for yours.
My body, my hands, my lips.
They love only you.

My Review: Nathan is quite the stubborn man and I am not sure if that makes him hot or just a bone head? BOTH!
Wild Card is a very intense story filled with many raw emotions. I found myself wondering the big stupid question of "what if". Bella is a much more determine person than I think I could ever be. The love she felt feels for Nathan is pure and unrelenting. It's true and honest!
Both Nathan and Bella needed to knock of the grudges but I get that it makes for a good read, it reality you would want to knock their heads together. Okay I might have felt this way while reading the story at times!
The sex scenes were steamy and well written and well.... amazing!
HA HA HA!

I look forward to reading the rest of this series. Lora Leigh seems to have a way with writing characters that you love and hate and I can't wait to fall in love with the next hard headed character she writes about.

My Rating:Photobucket

No comments: