Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas {Review}




Tempt Me at Twilight


Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages
Published September 22nd 2009 by St. Martin's Paperbacks




Poppy Hathaway loves her unconventional family, though she longs for normalcy. Then fate leads to a meeting with Harry Rutledge, an enigmatic hotel owner and inventor with wealth, power, and a dangerous hidden life. When their flirtation compromises her own reputation, Poppy shocks everyone by accepting his proposal—only to find that her new husband offers his passion, but not his trust.

Harry was willing to do anything to win Poppy—except to open his heart. All his life, he has held the world at arm’s length…but the sharp, beguiling Poppy demands to be his wife in every way that matters. Still, as desire grows between them, an enemy lurks in the shadows. Now if Harry wants to keep Poppy by his side, he must forge a true union of body and soul, once and for all...



First Line(s): Her chances of a decent marriage were about to be dashed- and all because of a ferret.

Favorite Line(s): It was finally becoming clear to her that love wasn't about finding someone perfect to marry. Love was about seeing through to the truth of a person and accepting all their shades of light and dark. Love was an ability.

My Review: This book was fantastic!!
The Hathaway siblings just might be the most enduring family I have read about in a very long time. They are so real! The accept their lot in life and don't try to change for others... it's a breath of fresh air. I love how Lisa Klyepas wrote Poppy and Harry's first encounter, it was suspenseful and dreamlike all tied together with a nice red bow.




My favorite part of this book had to be Leo ( I believe I said this in the last book as well). Lisa Kleypas has big plans for Leo when it is his turn to have the book all about him. He is a miserable, insuffable male with an ego so big I am suprise it fits in the house, but it works! I love him!




While I believe each of these books could stand alone you would be missing out on so much if you didn't start at the beginning, especially when it comes to Leo!






My Rating:Photobucket





Stay tuned for the next two books in the series. I have read them just need to find the time to get the reviews up and running!


Until next time...Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Leo sounds interesting, guess I better go start from the beginning!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I love Poppy but I don't love her name :) Great review. This was actually my favorite.