Monday, October 24, 2011

Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis {Review}

Instant Gratification



Paperback, 284 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Brava



In Instant Attraction, Jill Shalvis introduced Cameron, Stone, and T.J.—the sexy, daredevil brothers who run Wilder Adventures. And for Stone Wilder, the thrill of a lifetime is about to arrive in a surprising package. . .

The Doctor Is In Deep

Wishful, California, is 3000 miles from Dr. Emma Sinclair's last job in a New York City ER. It may as well be another galaxy. Here, running her father's clinic for a summer, Emma treats bee stings, stomach flu, and the occasional pet cat. Plus, she has to contend with patients like Stone Wilder: gorgeous, laid-back, and irritating beyond belief. The man laughs at her. A lot. And Emma loathes him. All except that tiny part of her that wants to throw him on her examining table and break every doctor-patient rule in the book. . .

When Stone tries to help Emma learn to loosen up a bit, he pictures white-water rafting or scenic mountain hikes. Not a mind-blowing affair that shakes them both to the core. Emma's sure she has no place in a town like Wishful, but Stone knows different. Emma belongs here—in this town, in his life. And convincing this strong-minded, stubborn, sexy woman of that fact will be a challenge no Wilder man could resist. . .


First Line(s): Hot and bothered, and not in the good way, Dr. Emma Sinclair switched the sign on her father's medical clinic from closed to open.


Favorite Line(s): "Yeah, and a smile that always puts one on my mouth as well, and a way of looking at me that weeds through all the bullshit and sees the real me. You make me laugh, you make me think. You turn me on Emma, in everyway." As proven when he sttled his hands on her hips and pulled her into him so that she could feel him, fully aroused. "You are truly the most beautiful woman I'ver ever had the pleasure of kissing."


My Review: I love Jill Shalvis' writing so much. I'm waiting to pick up one of her novels and feel like it was a "miss" for me but it just hasn't happened yet ( maybe never?). Jill Shalvis is a winner ( maybe she has tiger's blood). Her writing is funny, witty, light-hearted, and deep with the emotions!


We all know the motto of not judging a book by the cover... this series is a prime example of why we should not do this! The covers do NOT do this series justice! Instant Gratification could stand alone without reading the first book in the series, but I would suggest reading them in order. These brothers are too drool worthy to miss one single detail about them. I am the least outdoorsy girl ever and if I knew they would be the one's dragging me around the mountain tops I would sign up in a heartbeat! Yum-o!


My Rating: Photobucket



Stay tuned for the review of Instant Temptation later on this week!

Until next time...Happy Reading!

No comments: