Monday, January 10, 2011

Ondine: Movie Review

Ondine
2009
PG-13
103 minutes



An Irish fisherman (Colin Farrell) hauls in an unexpected catch when a mysterious girl (Alicja Bachleda) gets tangled in his nets and soon affects the lives of everyone around her in this fantastical seaside tale from director Neil Jordan (Interview with the Vampire). Is it possible this beautiful stranger is a mythical sea nymph who's been summoned from the ocean's depths ... or is she something far more common?

Trailer:

My Review: This movie is not for everyone. There is no fast action and I will be as blunt to say it is a slow pace movie, where most will give up on it. It takes on a foreign film feel to it. With that said I bet you are going to think I am going to say I don't like this movie?!?!? Just the opposite, I adored this movie. I loved the simple tales it told and the characters. So many times people believe over the top, high budget films are the only ones worth their time and or money, just not the case. I believe this role was made for Colin Farrell, he did an amazing job!

My Rating: 4 stars

Cast: Cast:Colin Farrell, Alicja Bachleda, Alison Barry

Until next time...
Happy Reading!
Photobucket

No comments: