Sunday, January 31, 2010

Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Romancing Mister Bridgerton
( 4th in series)
By Julia Quinn

" Everyone knows that Colin Bridgerton is the most charming man in London."
- Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, March 1824

" Penelope Featherington has secretly adored her best friends brother for... well, it feels like forever. After half a lifetime watching Colin Bridgerton from afar, she thinks she knows everything about him, until she stumbles across his deepest secret.. and fears she doesn't know him at all.

Colin Bridgerton is tired if being thought nothing but an empty-headed charmer, tired of the never ending sameness of his life, and, most of all, tired of everyone's preoccupation with the notorious gossip columnist Lady Whistledown, who can't seem to publish an edition without mentioning him in the first paragraph. But when Colin returns to London from a trip abroad, he discovers nothing in his life is quite the same--- especially Penelope Featherington! The girl who was always simply... there is suddenly the girl haunting his dreams. But when he discovers that Penelope has secrets of her own, his elusive bachelor must decide... is she his biggest threat- or his promise of a happy ending?

First Line: On the sixth of April, in the year 1812- precisely two days before her sixteenth birthday- Penelope Featherington fell in love.


Favorite Line(s): " I love you with my past, and I love you for my future".

My Review: To date I would say this book is the most mild in the series. Dare I say tame. But... oh there is always a but... the characters were endearing and very real! This story kind of has an underdog feel to it. the good guy ( or girl) can and does end up shining bright when it is truly their moment... we see this happen a few times in this book. Once again Julia Quinn has made a strong leading lady, will never tire of reading books like that.

My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

370 pages

I received nothing for this review. I picked this book up on my own free will at the local library.


Until next time...
Happy Reading!

No comments: