Saturday, September 5, 2009

Zombie Queen of Newbury High: Review


by Amanda Ashby

A prom night Mia will never forget...


"Quiet, unpopular, non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. She is dating super hot football god Rob, and he actually likes her and asked her to prom! Enter Samantha—cheerleading goddess and miss popularity— who starts making a move for Rob. With prom in a few days, Mia needs to act fast. So she turns to her best friend, Candice, and decides to do a love spell on Rob. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus onto her whole class, making herself their leader! At first she is flattered that everyone is treating her like a queen. But then zombie hunter hottie Chase explains they are actually fattening her up, because in a few days, Mia will be the first course in their new diet. She's sure she and Chase can figure something out, but she suggests that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.

Zombie Queen of Newbury High was a fast, clever and witty story! The characters had sass, and Almanda Ashby nailed the attitudes of teenager's to a tee! This is my first book I have read with zombies, and it was just enough, glad it wasn't over the top in gore or anything! A great read!

I am giving this book 4 stars and it falls into these reading challenges...
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: Speak (March 5, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0142412562
ISBN-13: 978-0142412565
Until next time...
Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Ceri said...

This sounds like a fun and easy read. Something not too serious. Good review :) Glad you enjoyed.

Park Avenue Princess said...

I SO want this one! : ) I must add it to my list!! I also read "Never Slow Dance With A Vampire" and I'm going to be having E.Van Lowe for a visit and giveaway!

Hope to see you over at my blog! Love the name it's Super-cute!

x0xx Park-Avenue Princess

Anonymous said...

Great review. After seeing this listed on your blog a few weeks ago I had to order it. It should be here any day. I can not wait to read it!