Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW Interview Swap

In honor of BBAW, today bloggers all around the net are interviewing each other. My interview buddy is Tynga . Here's the interview:


How did you get into book blogging? How long have you been doing it?

I started blogging because I wanted to share my opinion =) I live in a french community and none of my friends read in English, and I was so estactic about my reads that I felt the urge to share with the world! I started my blog on June 28th on this year =)

Who are some of your favorite authors?

Richelle Mead is my favorite! Followed closely by Rachel Vincent and Patricia Briggs.

Are there any genres that you refuse to read?

I wouldn't say I refuse to read any genre, but I read to evade from reality so I find myself enjoying Fantasy and YA fantasy more then anything else.

Do you do reading challenges?

I haven't registered in any, it doesn't really appeal me. I participate in different Memes though.

What do you do in real life — besides read and blog?

I work as a Lab technician in a great hospital here in Quebec, Specialized in heart disease and transplant. What does a lab tech do? Well, we do all the cool tests (and more) that you see on C.S.I., Bones etc. As you can probably guess though, these shows don't quite represent reality. I really like my job. =)

What’s the best book you read in the last month?

I couldn't pick just 1 book. But I discovered the shifters series by Rachel Vincent and I am in love, I am reading the 4th book right now. I was also lucky enough to get an ARC of Fire by Kristen Cashore and it was amazing.

Do you market your blog, or just let the traffic come to you?

I just let the traffic come, I link my special features on my facebook and twitter but that's it.

Where else can you be found on the Internet? BookMooch? LibraryThing? Other blogs?

I have a GoodReads account, but I'm not very active there. What has been the most challenging thing about blogging for you?

What has been the most exciting? The most challenging is the language barrier. I am French and pretty much learnt English by myself. While reading got easy with time, writing is still a whole new level. The most exciting is to discover new books and authors, and I love doing interviews. Authors are always so nice and sharing!

If you were trapped on a desert island, what books would you be most likely take with you? Books you could read over and over again, and not get bored?

I would bring Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. I would sure hope that BookDepository would deliver to that Island 'cause I need to read the following books of those series! *winks*

How many books are in your TBR pile right now?

I have about 30 books waiting to be read on my shelf, but I also have a great list of already published books I wanna buy and you can find my yet to be published books wish list here: http://tyngasreviews.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-wish-list.htmlI am a compulsive book buyer, I am trying to control myself lol!

Thank you so much Tynga I had a blast getting to know you and I hope all of my readers will head over to your blog and say hi!!
Until next time...
Happy Reading!


No comments: