Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Undead and Unwed: Book Review

Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson, is the first in the series of books based on the character of Queen Betsy.

" It's been a helluva week for Betsy Talor. First, she loses her job. Then, to top things off, she's killed in a car accident. But what really bites ( besides wasking up in the morgue dressed in a pink suit and cheap shoes courtesy of her stepmother) is that she can't seem to stay dead. Every night she rises, with a horrible craving for blood. She's not taking too well to a liquid diet.
" Worst of all, her new friends have the ridiculous idea that Betsy is the prophesied vampire queen, and they want her help in overthrowing the most obnoxious, power-hungry vampire in fice centuries- a badly dressed Bela Lugosi wannabe natch. Frankly, Betsy couldn't care less about vamp politics, but they have a powerful weapon of persuasion: designer shoes. How can any self-respecting girl say no? But a collection of Ferragamos isn't the only temptation for Betsy. It's a lot safer than the scrumptious Sinclair- a seductive bloodsucker whose sexy gaze seems as dangerous as a stake through the heart...."
The above is the back of the book.

I had a hard time getting into this book, but I am pretty sure it had to do with having a full plate right now, and my reading time has been cut short this week. Holidays make an already packed schedule even busier!

I love that Chick Lit has met vampire fiction, because it doesn't cross the line into me having nightmares, because let's face it.... I am a chicken when it comes to stuff like that, and watching a horror movie is a big no no!

I think Mary Janice Davidson did a good job when creating the character of Betsy. I almost see a tad of myself in her, because man she is one cocky character and she doesn't put up with people's BS, and that is me! HA HA HA!
I look forward to reading the other books in this series, and I am starting the second one tonight.
I give this book 4 stars out of 5

Until next time....
Happy Reading
Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: