Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dead to the World: Review

Last night I finished the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series; Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris.

" Sookie Stackhouse is a small-town cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's pretty. She does her job well. She keeps to herself and has only a few close friends because not everyone appreciates Sookie's gift. She can read minds. Not exactly every man's idea of date bait. Unless the're undead. Vampires and the like can be tough to read- just the kind of guy Sookie's been looking for.

" Maybe that's why, when she comes across a naked vampire on the road home from work, she doesn't just drive by. Turns out he hasn't a clue as to who he is, but Sookie does. It's Eric, still as scary and secy- and dead- as the day she first met him. But now that he has amnesia, Eric is sweet, vulnerable, and in need of Sookie's help- because whoever took his memory now wnats his life. Sookies investigation into why leads straight into a dangerous battle among witches, vampires, and werewolves. But there could be a greater danger to Sookie's heart- because the kinder, gentler Eric is very difficult to resist."

That is what is written in the inside flap of the book.

I give this book 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it was a tad bit slower than the books that came before it. Of course this will not stop me from picking up the next book in the series, Dead as a Doornail.

My addiction to vampires ( the nicer ones) started around the same time as everyone else's...Twilight! Does that ring a bell to anyone, lol??

Than I started watching True Blood on HBO and moved on from the love I had for Edward Cullens, because of Bill Compton. I prefer my vampires to have the look of an older man, not a teeny bopper. HA HA HA!

Than I found out that this series was based off these books, and I ran to the library to put a hold on all of them. Stay tuned for my next reviews and while you are here take my poll at the top of the page!
Happy Reading!

Share/Save/Bookmark


1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love your new site, and the name is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!